Susan believes that we all have untapped potential, and she thrives in helping others break through barriers and manage priorities to live an abundant and meaningful life. She truly believes the words of Jordan Peterson, “Incremental improvement is unstoppable.”
Over the last 19 years, she has worked in large and small public accounting firms and a family-owned small business, and a Fortune 500 company. More recently, Susan founded S Stutzel, CPA, a firm specializing in nonprofit auditing and consulting. Her work with nonprofit organizations stems from a desire to be surrounded by equally passionate individuals who want to change the world.
Susan is passionate about providing leadership coaching to accountants and wants to help you live into your potential by turning your goals into reality. Whether it is finding a balance between career and personal life, determining your next career move, becoming the leader you were made to be or turning that side hustle into a thriving business – with intentional time and self-examination, she will help you exceed your highest expectations.
Susan serves her profession and the local community in various roles, including:
- Adjunct professor at her alma mater, Coe College
- Board member of the Iowa Society of CPA’s
- Treasurer of the Tipton School Foundation
- Treasurer of Iowa City Hospice
- Past Treasurer of Iowa Women’s Foundation
- Iowa Society of CPAs, Career Awareness Committee, and Non-Profit Organizations Committee
- Workplace Learning Connection Financial Literacy Fair volunteer
- Calvary Church liaison for the community vacation bible school program
- Parent volunteer at her children’s schools
- Susan believes in quality work and quality rest. She refuels by spending time with her husband and two children, reading, and working with her local youth group. She believes as C.S. Lewis observed, that “Children are not a distraction from more important work, they are the most important work.”